School Themed Wedding
July 12, 2008
This school themed wedding tops the charts in creativity. Link here:
Also, here are some more school themed wedding ideas from Style Me Pretty:
- Escort card display: Would be so great to hang their escort cards from monkey bars! (Quick tip…scour ebay for a set of monkey bars…after your wedding, donate them to an area school or day care center)
- Table Numbers: Each table can represent one of the classrooms from their grammar school (i.e. “Room 2”). Can even add the teacher’s name as well! Table numbers can be hand written on mini chalkboards or on that fabulous lined paper that we all had to use when we were practicing our cursive.
- Grammar school trivia: Would be fun to list quintessential grammar school trivia on cocktail napkins (i.e. Who was the 5th president of the United States”).
- Menus: Use phonetic spelling on the key elements of the menu to give the look / feel of a dictionary entry.
- Guest sign in: Create an attendance chart! As guests sign in – have an attendant place a gold star next to their name.
- Lounge area decor: If they’re having any lounge vignettes – use grammar school text books as cocktail table decor instead of coffee table books.
- Popsicles: Popsicles always remind me of grammar school. Have the caterer tray pass popsicles as a late night snack.
- Favors: If budget permits – collect vintage lunch boxes and have them lined up on a table as guests exit. The lunch boxes can be filled with a snack size carton of milk & homemade cookies. As alternative packaging – use brown paper sacks which are just as cute!
- Bake sale!: As a dessert display – set up an old school Bake Sale table with yummy grade school treats (brownies, rice crispy treats, chocolate chip cookies, etc).
- Groom’s cake: If having a groom’s cake – make it in the shape of a back pack, a globle, or a ruler.
- Ceremony programs: Use old Pee-Gee folders as the cover of the ceremony program.
- Transportation: If providing transportation – use old yellow school buses!
- Cigar Lounge: If budget permits — park one of the school buses just outside the dinner reception and use it as a cigar lounge.
- Grand entrance for the wedding party: If doing a grand entrance — do a “roll call” for the wedding party where they have to state “Present!” when they enter the room.